Disclaimer: The following is yet another cutesy camping trip report. If you are not related to us, stop reading now – you will be bored. There, you’ve been warned.
Here they are, in no particular order:
- There are no fish in Causey Reservoir. It doesn’t matter what time of day you fish, what kind of bait you use, or what phase the moon is in. You will not catch any fish.
- Little boys who refuse to touch worms to bait their hooks have no problem touching the dead crawdads washed up on shore. They will even bring them to you. And dissect them in front of you.
- Dead crawdads smell really bad.
- If you look up at Uncle Mike with a cute little scrunched up face and say “pop” with your arms outstretched, he will give you his Pepsi. Every time.
- If you take a big swig of the Pepsi and leave lots of floaties in it, he won’t want it back.
- Cousins are FUN!
- No matter how delicious and perfectly chocolate covered your s’more is, it will still be given a grade of A- if the graham crackers aren’t properly lined up.
- Being hero worshiped by your younger cousins is exhausting. Cool, but exhausting.
- If you are promised at the onset of a camping trip that you will have the middle seat to yourself on the return trip, get it in writing.
- If you choose to forget your advancing age and go tubing down the river, the universe will conspire against you to ensure that you are dumped from your tube in the most public, most painful, most humiliating way possible. Not once, not twice, but three times. All public. All humiliating. Mike and Amy will even get pictures.
And speaking of pictures…
Here are most of the little campers. Sarah and Emma were on a final tube run.
Jakob finally got to roast marshmallows all by himself.
Josh enjoyed his ice cream in a bag!
And here are my waterbugs, after a successful tube run!